Wednesday, November 8, 2017

I'm really digging the new Google Calendar

My colleague +Dan Crowley showed me yesterday that Google updated Calendar. I really it! I like its ease of use. While one can't customize it to the degree one could in the old calendar, most of those customizations were things I never did anyway. I really like the new visuals- it borrows the increasingly universal google symbols one sees in Google Classroom. It is more intuitive and easier to use. The date icons are much larger and the whole thing is just better looking.

The other GREAT feature is that I can now directly link to docs, spreadsheets, and presentations directly in the invitation so that attendees can view them in the Event Details. Makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, the change is coming soon for everyone, but jump in now. I can't think of any reason to stay with the old calendar.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Prezi Video

 Remember Prezi? Once upon a time it was all rage for students. I see very few students use this tool any longer. Prezi is back, though, wit...