Thursday, May 3, 2018

"Covering" MacBeth

Years ago I came across this assignment asking students to examine Lolita's book covers through time, from the early 50s through today. But we certainly aren't reading Lolita in high school. I stored this away as an interesting activity and today while perusing my bookmarks I cam across it again. I immediately thought of doing this same assignment with MacBeth, the next book 9th graders at my school are going to study.

So I googled MacBeth book covers and came across a wide assortment and thought of sharing this idea with the English teachers with whom I work.

Using Keeler's Drive Slides, I made a little slide deck showing a dozen out of hundreds of MacBeth covers.

One of these images took me to this fantastic lesson  which asked students to design their own covers. Brilliant. A natural next step. Kudos to teacher Sarah Small.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Prezi Video

 Remember Prezi? Once upon a time it was all rage for students. I see very few students use this tool any longer. Prezi is back, though, wit...