Friday, October 6, 2017

Tech Apps + Google Slides = Bingo

It's been a bit since my last post because I've been very busy training teachers and students over these past few weeks.  I'm pushing hard for my school to adopt digital portfolios.

"Why portfolios," you ask?

  1. They document learning and store learning artifacts. 
  2. They offer a place for reflection 
  3. As portfolios become a showcase for learning, students become curators of their own learning story.

I've been pushing portfolios for a couple of years now and I've made only halting progress. I have a more robust support from the administration this year and I've been given more time to lead training sessions for teachers and students. Inspired by Calcasieu Parish Public Schools' training materials, I created my own series of cards using Google Slides for students to work on during the training sessions. (Feel free to use these resources.) 

I then used Osric's bingo card generator to make bingo cards with the squares of the bingo cards filled with the names of the apps and tools listed in this slide-show.

In the two days of training, students worked through the tasks listed on these cards. I'm happy to report that when they returned to regular classes, students were able to think of ways to use some of these tools to demonstrate their learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Prezi Video

 Remember Prezi? Once upon a time it was all rage for students. I see very few students use this tool any longer. Prezi is back, though, wit...