Sunday, January 6, 2019

New Year's Resolutions

Resolutions
I always make 'em and rarely keep 'em. I suspect it's the "all or nothing" nature of resolutions that causes me to fail. I swear I'm giving up Diet Coke this year. It can't be good for me, right?  If this year goes anything like last year, I will avoid it for a while. And then I'll break down and have some. Subsequently, out of disappointment I'll throw in the towel and give up and go back to 3 cans a day.

The other reason we (okay, I) fail to keep resolutions is the "forever" nature of them. A year is so daunting. A day at a time is the best approach. Anyone can do anything for just one day.  Let's live in the moment people!

So here are my goals for 2019 to do a day at a time.
As a teacher, a day at a time I will make sure to build relationships with my students.
A day at a time I will be sure to post assignments and be clear with expectations.
A day at a time I will think about new ways to make history and international relations interesting subjects for my students
A day at a time I will work to give my students more agency - through giving them choices- and avoid one size fits all teaching.
A day at a time I will work to support teachers in technology.

What are your "a day at a times"?

PS, a day at time I will not eat the free donuts in the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Prezi Video

 Remember Prezi? Once upon a time it was all rage for students. I see very few students use this tool any longer. Prezi is back, though, wit...