Saturday, February 2, 2019

Pecha Kucha II

I had my second annual Pecha Kucha evening for my International Relations course. The kids were just terrific. I really, really, really like this presentation method. It keeps presenters on point. Pecha Kucha purists insist that each slide only contain an image. I am not quite a purist. A good quote or infographic or chart that helps with the narrative is fine with me.

Here's a post I wrote last year when I tried it for the first time. In it I wrote,

"Looking for reasons to do a PK? Here are a few:1) Students play expert.2) Students present to an authentic audience.3) Students have to think about using tech to support their words.4) Students have to speak in public5) A PK session creates a community of learning."

After doing these a second time, the beliefs are reaffirmed and strengthened. 

Here's one of my favorites presentations from the evening and the project it supported. They are followed by the program for the evening.  (Thanks to Mingtu for allowing me to share hr work.)

Cure or Harm

A story told with Adobe Spark



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Prezi Video

 Remember Prezi? Once upon a time it was all rage for students. I see very few students use this tool any longer. Prezi is back, though, wit...