Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Alice Keeler and Matt Miller, Gurus.



I'm amazed by the ever improving functionality of the chrome browser and google apps because of the flood of add-ons and extensions. I've written about them a lot. Their only downside is the sheer volume of them. It is hard to stay current and to always know what are the best of these. Also, my bar next to my omnibox is getting very very crowded with chrome extensions. Yes, I quibble, but this does get to my point that this is all a little bit unwieldy. Still, the positives overwhelm my quibbles.

To stay current, no one is more useful than Matt Miller's Ditch that Textbook blog and Alice Keeler's blog. Alice is more of a "how to" guru for all things Google while Matt challenges the status quo in education. That's not quite fair to either of them for Matt shares plenty of "how to's" and implicit in every Alice Keeler post is the idea that there is a better way to do things.

Seriously, follow these two bloggers. Recently, like the Wonder Twins, they combined forces to create a very useful chrome extension of which I post the video below. Alice and Matt help me stay on top of this flood of information. I once heard that staying current with tech is like drinking from a fire hydrant.  These two help me stay current and more importantly help me see how tools such as these can transform education.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Prezi Video

 Remember Prezi? Once upon a time it was all rage for students. I see very few students use this tool any longer. Prezi is back, though, wit...