Monday, April 9, 2018

Canva

I'm old enough to remember when MicroSoft Publisher came out. I thought it was so cool. I took students to the computer lab to make old-fashioned looking newspapers about the Great Depression. We were so proud of ourselves. It was the first time I found easily accessible software that blended text, layouts and images.

I don't use anything made by microsoft these days as I live pretty exclusively in the ChromeOS and IOS platforms. But a quick google of Publisher's cost shows it ain't cheap. I'm sure more than a few schools still pay for the licensing. But the cost likely means that the Publisher skills learned at school won't be used beyond school. This brings me to Canva. I love it. And it's free! With it, I create posters, headings, infographics, and simple graphics for my blog posts. I use it all the time.
   Try it out!  Canva even has its own design lessons.
   It's easy, it's collaborative, it looks really good and it is cloud-based. So use this free tool and show it to your students.
   Here's an example.

Why Sharks? by Alex McDonnell

for more uses in the classroom, check out
http://www.hollyclark.org/2015/07/31/2018/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Prezi Video

 Remember Prezi? Once upon a time it was all rage for students. I see very few students use this tool any longer. Prezi is back, though, wit...