The point of digital technology is that information is ubiquitous, it can be accessed anywhere through many different ways. The whole very model of teacher as the font of information can and should be changed. That's what technology allows us to do.
By the way, I do think kids should use technology when writing papers. Why? Because with Google Docs I can:
1) check students' revision histories
2) have them build bibliographies instantly and without fuss
3) using Draftback, actually view a "movie" of the student writing the paper.
4) give feedback in real time
5) allow students to collaborate in real time from separate locations on the same paper.
.@wolfbioedu @KLBoles @tstice pic.twitter.com/JJ6xPE3LYj
— Alice Keeler (@alicekeeler) May 22, 2016