Thursday, May 9, 2019

Timeline Tools


Understanding chronology, knowing when events occurred and putting them in proper sequence is an essential skill for understanding history

For several years, I've recommended without reservation Knightlab's storytelling tools, and among them this Timeline tool. When it no longer worked for much of April I was sad to see it go and I started looking for other timeline creators to replace it. Good News! I found a new tool I really like, Even more good news! Knightlab and Google Sheets are now playing nicely together again and so Timeline by Knightlab now works. So, dear reader, here are two web-based timeline creation tools I recommend.

Here's an example of a sample I made for a colleague's class using Knightlab's Timeline.



The other tool, TimeMapper, also works in conjunction with Google and is built using Google Sheets. Here's an example: Both of these tools take some time. But the finished projects look fantastic. I've used Knightlab's Timeline tool in my teaching. In looking for a replacement, I've come across TimeMapper. I look forward to trying it with my students as well.

2 comments:

Featured Post

Prezi Video

 Remember Prezi? Once upon a time it was all rage for students. I see very few students use this tool any longer. Prezi is back, though, wit...